Entertainment Finance Practice
BNR’s Entertainment Finance Practice actively assists clients seeking to finance their entertainment and media-related transactions. We have extensive experience in shaping and structuring debt and equity capital structures of all types in entertainment related transactions. Our attorneys are sought after to provide leadership on the industry’s most complex, and sophisticated deals in a constantly evolving global economic environment. BNR advises both companies and individuals who seek to enter the entertainment business with knowledgeable and skilled practitioners that will represent their interest(s) and provide strategic advice. Our clients include major entertainment and new media companies, financial institutions, private equity funds, hedge funds and mezzanine funds, distributors, strategic investors and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States.
Our attorneys routinely handle all types of financing structures in the entertainment industry, including motion pictures, television, music and new original programming direct to the Internet and other digital streaming platforms. BNR’s Entertainment Finance Practice capabilities include:
- Slate financing and other studio co-financing transactions
- Negotiating and structuring receivables-based and asset-based lines of credit and term-credit facilities in the senior and mezzanine markets based on various types of
entertainment-related receivables pertaining to motion pictures, theater, live events, digital programming and interactive products
- Equity investments
- Co-financing and international co-productions and local international productions
- “Soft money” tax incentive programs throughout the United States and in international jurisdictions
- Negotiating and structuring independent, joint venture and/or distributor-financed record labels and publishers
BNR attorneys remain on the cutting edge of each new trend in the market, integrating the firm’s corporate, bankruptcy, advanced media and technology and capital markets abilities to create innovative and sophisticated financing instruments. Our interdisciplinary approach, practical problem-solving skills, and deep market experience and industry knowledge assist us in resolving complex legal issues to meet our clients’ needs.