Intellectual Property Litigation
For today’s corporations, intellectual property can be a source of both major revenue and considerable risk. As infringement and counterfeiting cases have become more and more common, companies have seen the potential costs involved in protecting their IP rights rise dramatically. Companies need IP management strategies designed for maximum protection. However, when litigation is unavoidable, they can also draw on BNR’s experienced IP litigation team.
Enforcing IP rights against infringement often requires quick and decisive action to secure injunctive relief and skillful advocacy to recover monetary damages.
- Protect clients’ rights in trademarks and trade dress through instruction, investigation and negotiation
- Conduct complex litigation involving trademark licensing issues, parallel trade, trademark infringement, trademark counterfeiting, trade dress infringement, trademark dilution,
false advertising, copyright infringement and rights of publicity
- Handle the many phases of litigation, including applications for emergency injunctive relief (temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, seizures), declaratory judgment
proceedings, trials and appeals, in federal courts throughout the United States and in judicial tribunals around the world
- Regularly defend clients in the technology, media and entertainment industries
- Represent clients in some of sophisticated cases landmark issues such as entertainers’ rights of publicity and the liability of online service providers for IP violations occurring
on their websites
- Draw on the capabilities of BNR’s copyright practice, which focuses on securing copyright registrations to protect original works of authorship and handles development, licensing
and distribution for books, music, film, sound recordings, software, new media, photography, art and multimedia